A Few Words
A Leading private equity firm and venture capital institution
KRON Capital Limited (KCL) was incorporated under the Companies Code, 1963 Act (179) on 3rd December 2008 with Business Certificate No. CA-52,820, and was granted certificate to Commence Business on 7th May 2009. The Company was first licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to operate as an Investment Advisor and Fund Managers on 1st July 2011 and by the National Pension Regulatory Authority as a Pension Fund Manager on 30th September 2014.
VISION STATEMENT: – Position the company to play a leading role in venture capital business, infrastructure development and financing in the sub-Saharan Africa in partnership with governments and selected private equity firms from Africa, Middle East and Asia and the advanced economies.
- We are a diverse organization of professionals working together, dedicated to the common objective of providing the highest quality VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY BUSINESSES as well as investment advisory services available in Ghana and sub-Sahara
- We will – Operate a profit focused business with a long-term commitment to our clients and to the social well- being of the peoples in our market; as well as Provide responsive, innovative services to our external as well as internal clients within all ethical, legal and moral
KCL is a Ghanaian private equity firm and a venture capital institution, set up in response to the growing needs for specific venture capital and private equity funds businesses with focus in the development and financing of new businesses and key infrastructure projects in Ghana and other Sub-Saharan African countries, on Public-private-partnership (and other form of public/private financing structures), as Governments are finding it increasingly difficult, if not impossible, to finance the growing in-country infrastructure needs from their respective annual national budgets and shrinking revenue mobilisation.
KCL is committed to set standards within its operations, which are designed to be amongst the highest within the financial sector in the country. It is expected that a total commitment is made to those standards by all staff to ensure the continued success of KCL and to maintain the high regard for professionalism with which KCL is viewed by its clients and competitors alike.
OUR BUSINESS OPERATING PHILOSOPHY
- Review, Prepare and Develop acceptable project documentation to make prospective projects feasible and operationally
- Invest Company’s own funds as part of the initial equity capital required for project and if possible also contribute to the debt capital required for the project;
- Source additional funds in the form of equity and/or debt on standalone basis for each project in collaboration with the Company’s foreign partners;
- Create a project management team to implement the project with the responsibility of managing the project with the assistance of selected partner technical and engineering firms as well as project administration and project fund disbursements & management (on a case by case basis and need basis);
- Guarantee adequately high return on investments and Ensure safety and security of investments (debt and equity).
THE AUTHORIZED BUSINESSES OF COMPANY
Venture Capital, Private Equity and Investments Banking Services; Development and Financing of Infrastructure Projects – Energy & Power Investments and Real Estate;
i) Mobilisation of both Debt and Equity Capital for Projects;
ii) Investments Control, monitoring and Evaluation of Target Companies/Projects;
iii) Equity Investments in “virgin” Projects;
iv) Funds Mobilisation and Management for Finance Houses and Other Financial Institutions; and
v) General Project Management and Advisory Services.
KCL plans to expand its operations within the sub-Saharan African countries, by having physical presences in the following countries: Ghana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Kenya, The Gambia and Angola within the next five (5) years of operation added.
Our Investment Philosophy
Seek the retention of VALUE of investment; maintenance of CURRENCY of investment; the yield of ADEQUATE return on investment; and provide the SECURITY of investment.
Request A Service
The principal services of the company will be project development, sourcing funds and project implementation and management, and finally repaying all private equity investors and creditors on NEGOTIATED AND AGREED term.